WinRT: Unable to activate windows store app

I recently came across this error while building my latest Windows Store app, and found it to be extremely frustrating to say the least.  So I thought I’ll post what I did to resolve it.

UnableToAcquireLicenseError

After several attempts to resolve the problem, some of which included acquiring a new developer license (via the Project -> Store menu in Visual Studio), restarting Visual Studio, and even restarting the machine.  All to no avail.

Finally, I decided to “pretend” I had just created this project, so I went to the BIN and OBJ folders of the project and deleted EVERYTHING under those folders.  And BINGO, it started working again.

I’m sure some folks have already come across this and have been able to resolve it, but I hope this helps the folks who might just be starting out with Windows 8 development

Advertisements
Tagged , , ,

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: